Sunday, June 21, 2009

Introduction to Knitting Teachers blog

This is intended to be a blog with resources for knitting teachers. What do I do with my students? And what do you do with your students?

About me: I run the Crocus Needle Arts School in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. One of the things that I do in this school is teach knitting. I am a Craft Yarn Council of America Certified Knitting Instructor. My main website for knitting is http://www.LearnToKnitCalgary.ca

I have been knitting for 5 decades, and teaching since 2005. Teaching needle arts is my post-retirement career (I've been a computer geek for 4 decades!).

I hold knitting classes in my living room - comfortable chairs with plenty of light. Depending on what I am teaching, I may use a white board for drawing some concepts (especially when teaching pattern reading). One of my plans is to convert my pattern reading workshop into PowerPoint form. That way, I won't forget key points from one session to the next - at least, that's the hope.

I really am interested in learning what others do when they are teaching knitting. In the end, this blog could be a really valuable resource to new knitting teachers.

Thanks in advance.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment